Palm Beach Gardens Workers Compensation Lawyer
Working in an Unsafe Environment
An experienced workers compensation lawyer knows that there are certain types of hazard violations that frequently show up as the cause of work accidents. At the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, we have spent years fighting for injured workers and getting them the compensation they deserve. When one of our clients has been injured because their Palm Beach Gardens employer failed to provide a safe environment, we work diligently to fight for the benefits each client is entitled to within the law.
Keeping Workers Safe
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is the federal agency that oversees worker safety in Palm Beach Gardens. The OSHA has rules and regulations for all different types of industries that employers are required to follow. If a company breaks these regulations, they can be fined by OSHA. When a worker is injured or killed because a company failed to follow the law, the fines and penalties can be harsh.
Some of the common violations that cause worker injuries include:
1. Fall protection: Construction sites are some of the most dangerous job sites in the country. OSHA requires that employers provide a floor surface that is strong enough to support workers and have protection at the edges and sides of any surfaces, openings, roofs, holes, excavations, or any equipment that is at least six feet above the site’s lowest level. All workers must also be provided with proper training on how to recognize and avoid potential fall hazards and the correct use of protection equipment.
2. Hazard communication: Companies must provide labeling, data sheets, and training on the dangers, proper use, and handling of all toxic substances and hazardous chemicals.
3. Respiratory protection: Companies must provide respirators when necessary, as well as have a written respiratory protection program in place that provides work-specific procedures for the equipment and its intended use.
4. Scaffolding: All scaffolds are required to support at least four times the maximum intended load. They must also have guardrails and other fall protection systems in place.
5. Ladders: All ladders must be able to support a minimum of four times their intended load.
6. Lockout/Tagout: There must be specific procedures in place to protect employees when they are conducting maintenance on a piece of equipment.
7. Industrial trucks: All workers must be property trained in the use of all motorized equipment, such as hand trucks and forklifts.
8. Machine guarding: All equipment must have the correct guards to protect workers from sparks, chips, and rotating parts.
9. Electrical hazards: All workers must be properly trained in recognizing and avoiding electrical hazards.
Let a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens Advocate for You
Unfortunately, there are far too many companies who do not adhere to the rules and regulations that OSHA has in place. Instead, they put profits over safety — and thousands of workers pay the price each year, suffering serious injury or death because of safety hazards.
If you have been injured on the job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits for your medical expenses and loss of income. Contact a Palm Beach Gardens workers compensation lawyer from the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt today to set up a free case evaluation and find out how we may help.