Filing an Appeal for Workers Compensation
As experienced West Palm Beach work injury attorneys, at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, our focus is helping people who have sustained an injury on the job. We understand the concerns of our clients, which includes being able to get the medical care they need. If you have been injured at work, we may be able to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and help you cover your medical costs.
Guided by over 80 years of combined experience, we have helped thousands of injured workers in West Palm Beach get the compensation they need and deserve. We aggressively represent each of our clients, and this is balanced by our integrity and passion. When you choose our firm of West Palm Beach work injury attorneys, you can feel confident in knowing that we will protect your rights. For a complimentary consultation with one of our work injury attorneys in West Palm Beach, please call (877) 932-2643 today.
Appealing a Workers Compensation Claim That Has Been Denied
Even though the state has set up a workers compensation system that is supposed to be easy and efficient, it is not uncommon for injured workers to be denied the first time. When this happens, you may need to go through the appeal process before you can get the benefits you and your loved ones need. With the help of one of our West Palm Beach work injury attorneys, we can reduce the risk of a denial. Reasons for denial include, but are not limited to:
- Failing to notify your employer within the right time
- Failing to prove your injury happened at work
- Failing to file for workers compensation in the right time
- Failing to provide enough information about your injuries
- Providing inaccurate information on the forms
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol during your injury
Your denial letter should include the reason for denial. If you don’t understand this element, you can speak with one of our West Palm Beach work injury attorneys for more information.
You Have a Limited Time to File for an Appeal
Depending on the state you are in, you may have between a few days or weeks to file an appeal. There is absolutely no time to waste. As soon as you receive your letter of denial, you may want to contact a workers compensation lawyer to help you take effective action that can preserve you right to appeal the notice.
If You Are Denied After the Appeal
Should you be denied workers compensation even after you appeal, there may be other sources of compensation available. For example if another party was responsible for your injury (i.e. a manufacturer that made a defective part or product), it might be possible to file a personal injury claim against that party. Rest assured we will explore all your options and give you our honest opinion about what you should do next.
Who Should Retain a Workers Compensation Lawyer
If you can relate to any of the following, you should call the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt:
- You have been injured on the job while employed in Florida
- You have been disabled because of a work related injury
- You have contracted an illness as a result of your job (i.e. mesothelioma, carpal tunnel, etc.)
- You have lost a loved one who died while working
- You don’t understand how to file a workers compensation claim
- You have been denied
- You are being discriminated against
- Your employer is uninsured and you believe they should compensate you
Trusted Work Injury Attorneys West Palm Beach
To schedule a consultation with a workers compensation lawyer you can rely on, call West Palm Beach work injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt.