Common Injuries Employees Suffer at Work
Workers get injured on the job every day, as a Boca Raton work injury lawyer can confirm. While the workplace is supposed to be a safe place for employees, accidents do still happen. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most common injuries employees suffer at work.
- Vehicle Accidents: Employees required to drive vehicles for their job have an increased risk of getting into car crashes. Safe driving training for employees may reduce these accidents.
- Machine Entanglement: As a work injury lawyer Boca Raton residents trust can verify, machine entanglement typically occurs in factories with heavy machinery. If employees aren’t cautious, their hair, clothing or even fingers can get stuck in a machine. To avoid machine entanglement, employees who work in factories should wear protective clothing and always be aware of their surroundings.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: A Boca Raton work injury lawyer has helped many individuals who were injured in slip and fall accidents in work. These types of accidents most commonly occur in employee break rooms. If an employee spills a liquid on the floor and doesn’t clean it up immediately, someone could slip and fall on it.
- Violent Acts: Unfortunately, violence can and does occur in the workplace. If employees get into disagreements, fights can sometimes break out. It’s important for employers to have zero tolerance policies for violence.
- Falling Objects: Injuries in the workplace can also be caused by falling objects. Objects that aren’t secured on shelves may fall on top of employees. A Boca Raton work injury lawyer has seen workers suffer serious head injuries from falling objects. Employees can protect themselves from these types of injuries by wearing protective gear, like hard hats.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: Employees who have to do the same task over and over in the workplace are in danger of suffering repetitive motion injuries. For example, employees who type on the computer all day can strain muscles and suffer back pain and even get carpal tunnel syndrome.
When It May Be Necessary to Hire a Work Injury Lawyer
Sometimes it’s possible to file a workers compensation claim on your own. Other times it’s necessary to work with a work injury lawyer in Boca Raton. Here are times when you may need to hire a lawyer:
- Your Employer Has Denied Your Claim: Workers compensation claims get denied all the time for one reason or another. A Boca Raton work injury lawyer may help you file an appeal if your claim gets denied.
- Your Employer Had Retaliated Against You: Sometimes employers become angry when their workers file workers compensation claims and retaliate against them in some way. If your employer has fired you or cut your pay, it may be in your best interest to speak to a Boca Raton work injury lawyer.
- Your Settlement Doesn’t Cover Your Medical Bills: If your workers compensation benefits aren’t enough to completely cover your medical bills, it may be a good idea to get legal assistance.
Call Franks, Koenig, & Neuwelt today at (561) 285-3605–our Boca Raton work injury lawyers are available to discuss your injury.